Welcome to Housing Moves and Seaside & Country Homes.

The Housing Moves scheme helps council and housing association tenants move to a different home outside of the borough they live in at the moment.   

To be eligible for Housing Moves, you must:

• be a current housing association or council tenant

• be living in a London borough that is participating in the Housing Moves scheme. To find out if your borough is participating, please click here

• have a secure, assured or fixed term tenancy. To find out what type of tenancy you have, please look at your tenancy agreement or contact your landlord

• not be going through possession proceedings or being evicted.

• be up to date with your rent

• have no ongoing anti-social behaviour issues.

The Seaside & Country Homes scheme helps council and housing association tenants move to a different home outside London.   These are either two bedroom bungalows or one and two bedroom flats.

Most London boroughs are participating in Seaside & Country Homes. However, all the other eligibility criteria for Housing Moves also apply to Seaside & Country Homes and you must also:

·         be at least 60 years of age. If a joint application the lead applicant must be at least 60 years of age. In all cases the lead applicant must be a current sole or joint tenant of the property recorded on the application.

·         If there is a second applicant under the age of 60 they must be either a partner or spouse, current joint tenant with or registered carer of the lead applicant.

·         have a maximum household size of three persons. The third person must be the carer, dependent adult child or parent of the lead or second applicant.

Before applying for the applying for the Seaside & Country Homes scheme, please read the Seaside & Country Homes Areas and Properties Guide


If you think you are eligible and you want to register for either or both schemes, click the ‘start here’ button.

Forgotten Password?